The quilt was commissioned by a good friend of the bride. It was lovely to work with her to produce the quilt. The brief was to make a quilt that included photos and used neutral colours. As it turned out, the colours we used were right up my street.
I was sent a file with all the photos that were to be used. The first job was to change them from colour to sepia, this was so that they would all be uniform and tie in with the quilt. Fabrics were chosen and I got to make some scrim lace to add to the quilt.
Throughout the whole process, this quilt was evolving. As you see it come together you get a better idea of what will work and what won't. Modern technology was put to good use. I was able to do videos and send them back, it was so much easier to be able to talk about the options and to be able to show the quilt as it is rather than just relying on emails. It was the closest we could get to actually being in the same room to discuss what to do.