A friend, after seeing the dresses I'd done for myself, was adamant she wanted me to do her one or two for her holidays. After repeated requests, I gave in and said yes.
We went fabric shopping, but only found one she liked, so, I think I get away with making one dress.
With some trepidation, using one of her own dresses, I cut the fabric, and did the side and shoulder seams. The first fit on Tuesday went well, so back home to finish the neck and armholes.
With previous dresses, just folding the edges over and stitching worked well, but not with this fabric. It wouldn't run smoothly under the presser foot. I tried the specialised foot, but it didn't like the seams, it was too thick to run through smoothly. After about four attempts and unpicking, I got out the walking foot. It sewed like a dream. In no time, the neck and armholes had their finished edges.
It's now been hemmed, and has gone back. I'm hoping it will be the right length now, or I could be having it back to do some adjustments.
All in all, I'm happy with my first dress making session for someone else, although it's not one I'll be looking to repeat too often.