The pattern was from the Love Crochet, Spring 2013 issue, and at first glance, I thought there was no way I'd be able to make this. I've learned you sometimes just have to take the plunge. I took each step, one at a time, and forgot about the next one until I was there. By breaking it down to it's separate parts, it became a doable project, one I'd be happy to repeat.
The shawl was crocheted in a cotton viscose mix yarn, which is what gives it that lovely sheen. It measures aprox 35" across at the widest point and 271/2" from top to bottom, so not huge, but enough to wrap across the shoulders and cover the back.
Now this is done, I need to find myself another sit down project, I'd better pick something from the work basket, it's in danger of being buried.