The yarn chosen is a blue/grey denim colour and is a made from 51% recycled cotton. The other 49% is acrylic, which softens it. It was fairly good to knit with, although, like a lot of cottons, is prone to splitting if you're not careful.
I chose the pattern and started knitting, and just at the point where the pattern is settled into your brain, I had a funny feeling. I looked at the blanket, and thought it seemed familiar, then with a flash, it came to me. I realised I'd knitted this while I was pregnant with Jonathan! I hadn't recognised it until the pattern was forming in front of my eyes. It was quite a strange feeling, but it was lovely to revisit it after all this time. Let's hope the new mum and her new son will get as much use out of it as we did.