Once I had got the pattern clear in my head, although there was a lot of stitching, the border was straightforward to do. Now, I am happy to say, it is finished.
This has been a lovely design to work on, it's been challenging, I've tried new stitches, it's not perfect and at times it was frustrating, but on the whole, it was so satisfying to do.
My thanks to Abi, for her design, her clear instructions and generosity in sharing with the group. If you'd like to give it a go, it's now available in her shop.
This is now going in my finishing pile, while I think about the best way to display this and do it the justice it deserves. I shall now finish something else that has been waiting in the wings.