Having made several quilts and cushions from shirts, I know that one shirt can go a long way. When I was asked if I could make a bear, I asked if they also wanted a cushion making if there was enough leftover. As the answer was yes, I made sure that I cut out the pieces as economically as I could. I started with the sleeves, used the back and then just the top section of the fronts.
I don't know about you, but not only are buttons important, labels hold a fascination too. Some are just too attractive to throw away. I asked about the label, and yes, they wanted to keep it too. I've removed it from inside the shirt and hand stitched it to his back once he'd been stuffed. He's been finished with a beautiful bow in matching ribbon.
A cushion insert was made to fit inside and now Bernie can rest comfortably with his cushion. It felt so cruel packing him up to go in the post. If he was going somewhere closer, I would have happily hand delivered him.