While I was tidying up the other day, I came across a package of heat resistant batting, and thought to myself, why not make an ironing board cover. I've got lots of fabric that hasn't cost me any money, so would be a reasonable alternative to a bought cover.
At the end of a busy day, the ironing board came out, the batting laid on top, and I just cut around the shape of the board. I then overlaid it with some fabric, cut around, leaving enough to fold over and leave a channel for a cord.
It was quick, and for a first attempt, I was happy. With the cord threaded it through, it was onto the board. It fits and has been used.
Now I've done one, there will be more. The next ones, will be a bit more refined as I've worked out a tidier way of adding the channel for the cord. No more bought covers for me.