I added a simple border and did some quilting. I quilted in the ditch around the centre, and then added two more lines around.
As you can see, I added triangles to the top corners so that it can be hung easily. The backing fabric was bought from Maggi, who dyes fabric and threads. (In the last year, Maggi lost her battle with cancer. Maggi was a very talented quilter and dyed beautiful fabrics and thread. She was very generous in her encouragement and support, for which I'll always be very grateful)
The original peacock pattern was adapted from a free design for filet crochet at About.com. All in all, I am quite pleased with how this has turned out, adding the borders transforms some simple stitching. (Knitting and crochet charts are easily converted to cross stitch and vice versa. When I did my socks with the cat and fish motifs, I used a cross stitch pattern maker to produce my knitting pattern. Skills from one craft are quite often transferred to another)