Fortunately, this was a challenge I had time to think about and formulate the way it was going to be made. I knew what I wanted as the end result, I wasn't sure if it was physically possible to sew it the way I wanted. So, what was the challenge? It was a cover for a black leather office chair. We had to take into consideration that the back is shaped, there are arms, the width of the back and seat of the chair were different, and, of course, the chair mechanisms underneath.
With it being handmade, the fabrics could be hand picked. Diane wanted a soft plush for one side, and then we got a coordinating cotton fabric to go with it. I have to tell you, it was a joy to handle even throughout the making up. It's definitely worthwhile spending just a little extra for good quality fabrics.
After some pondering and sketches, the design was finalised. We went for a cover that would go over the top of the chair, down the back and seat and fit over the end of the chair. There were going to be elasticed straps at the side to hold it in place and ties to go round the back for extra stability. I don't have a chair here to demonstrate so the photos had to be done on the settee.
I can't wait for it to arrive in it's new home. It's been a challenge and I'm hoping it will be the perfect fit and Diane can sit comfortably and keep warm for the rest of the winter.