Due to the fragility of the fabric in the central panel of the quilt, it was going to benefit from being tied, it's needed that extra security. We'd already discussed using the buttons from the shirt at the beginning of the process, but we decided to add some of the buttons from the duvet cover too. This was to carry on bringing the old and the new together.
I sent over some photos with different layouts and this was the one that was chosen. I've tied the buttons using the same thread that I used for embroidering the label. The quilt is ready to go to it's new home, along with a bonus cushion. I'll share that with you after it's been received. This is the one item that hasn't been seen yet by the family.
This quilt, in it's various stages, has been around for quite some time. I'm going to miss it. Now the decks are cleared and I need to decide on the next big project.
The Making of a Memory Quilt